Monday, March 3, 2014

still waiting...

Last week I posted about the tropical depression forming south east of us. It's still sitting there! It hasn't hit us yet, and current models suggest it'll miss us, passing us to the east late tonight into early tomorrow. It's been windy and rainy, but not the worst I've seen. Over the weekend George and I started organizing the house a little more and hanging some of our pictures since the weather outside was ugly.

george's sister, ardry, painted this

one of my old pictures, from Target

this was in my grandpa's office. my dad had it restored for me

george's mom painted this one

As you can see, George's family has some awesome talent! And yes, we have a booty picture hanging in our entry way! I want to elaborate on the duck picture. My dad has two original pieces that my grandpa had in his office back in the day. The one I have had a lot of water damage and just general aging damage from being around for so long. I've always loved the pictures and for Christmas a few years ago, my dad took it to a specialty art store in Sacramento to have it professionally restored. I then framed it at Michael's and picked it up just weeks before we moved. This is the first time it's been displayed since my grandpa had it on his walls.

Since we stayed in all weekend, that's about as exciting of a post I can write today. No fun stories, no crazy storm weather! Hopefully the storm finally gets some speed and passes us and heads out of the area tonight. If we have power, I'll update on the storm again tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment