Friday, March 28, 2014

casa de engleheart

Before I get to the point of this post, I just want to let everyone know that I finally got my Guam driver's license! Upon moving to Guam, you're required to turn in your driver's license from your old state and exchange it for a Guam license. I had been putting it off because I wasn't sure how long the wait would be at the Department of Revenue and Taxation. I finally went, and at the advice of my friend Erica, I went in the afternoon and it was so quick! In less than 45 minutes I stood in line, turned in my application at one window, stood in line at another window to pay the fee, then went to yet another window to have my picture taken. I was told to wait after that and in less than 2 minutes, he calls me back up and hands me a legit license. No here's your paper copy, now wait 3-4 weeks for the real license to come in the mail deal like back in California. I was happy and walked out of there looking like a legit Guam resident! 

officially on island time

Anyways... now for the main reason for my post. I will more than likely not be updating my blog next week. Why? Because my parents are coming to visit tomorrow! But don't worry, when I return to the blog world, I'll have lots of updates with stories from their visit. Hopefully my dad didn't jump on the internet before catching their flight and reads this... I want them to be surprised. So dad, if you're reading this: stop. I've only been gone for 4 months, but I am very excited to see them! They'll also be our first guests from the mainland so I'm looking forward to showing them the beauty of Guam. Since it costs insane amounts of money to fly out here, they are staying with us instead of getting a hotel. Luckily, we held on to our old mattress so they have somewhere to sleep besides the air mattress. Unluckily, the only place for it is in the girls' bedroom and it barely fits between the bunk beds and the wall. 

the cozy accommodations

Since moving out here, making a home has become my job and I've gotten pretty damn good at it. So now I'm using all my mad skillz to make our apartment feel like a fancy hotel for my parents. I made a little welcome basket and set it on their luxurious bed nestled between the bunk beds and the girly dresser. Just like a real hotel room, right? I went to one of the ABC stores and found all sorts of very cliché touristy items to fill their basket. I have coconut wine, coconut water in a fake coconut, mango cake, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, local cookies, a hibiscus pot holder, post-its with birds of paradise and a souvenir type magnet. Hopefully they'll feel the love of the island in their goody basket!

hafa adai! welcome to Guam!

As guests at Casa de Engleheart, they'll enjoy several planned activities around the island as well as open days for them to choose what they want to do. They'll also have exquisite dining options cooked by yours truly nearly every night. Also, every evening, they'll be able to enjoy complimentary mimosas on our lanai over looking the ocean as they take in views of the unique sunsets Guam has to offer. Interesting in booking your next vacation with us? Please leave in a comment with your contact info. We'll contact you shortly. 

casa de engleheart, a wonderful place to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment