Monday, April 7, 2014

i'm baaaaack!

Whew! That was one whirlwind week! My parents arrived last Saturday and left this Saturday. We stayed busy the whole time. I think we did more exploring in that one week than we have done in the 4 months we've lived here. We are exhausted! It was a good week though and we got to show my parents a lot of the island and also took them to our favorite restaurants. Here's a quick overview of the past week.

We went snorkeling at Ypao (twice), Gab Gab (twice) and Rititdian. We were very lucky in that the tide was low and the water was calm enough to swim at Ritidian. We also drove around the island and stopped at all the historical sites, Merizo pier to view Cocos Island and the Inaranjan Pools. We hiked Mount Lam Lam and checked out the vista point down into Cetti Bay. We ate at Sunset Grill, Dr Kabob's, Ban Thai, McKraut's and at one of the stands at Chamorro Village. 

Here are a few pictures from our week!

my parents at ritidian beach

my mom snorkeling at ritidian

george and my dad snorkeling at ritidian

george and my dad being goofy (big surprise) 

my parents overlooking ritidian point

sunset at asan beach

war in the pacific memorial at asan beach

my dad checking out a torpedo

my dad being goofy...

my pretty mama

family beach

spanish fort overlooking umatec

merizo pier looking out towards cocos island

my dad being goofy, again...

So that was pretty much our week in a nutshell. I hope my parents had fun on their vacation and anyone else wanting to come visit is more than welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment