Wednesday, April 23, 2014

wedding wednesdays-DIY signs

Instead of having a full bar for our guests, we chose to offer certain drinks for our guests to limit our bar tab, but also have a full bar available if the guest wanted to buy their own drinks. We needed a way to let our guests know what beverages we were offering. We needed to have a drink menu set up at the bar. I chose to make my own bar menu out of card stock, our home printer, glue sticks and cheap picture frames. 

close up of the bar menu

I started with a shimmery silver card stock to serve as the outer mat. For the inner mat, I used a matte, slightly textured teal card stock. I then printed our menu on white card stock using our color printer at home. I don't own any design software so all I did was create a menu in Microsoft Word with a font I liked. I did a few different sizes and layering designs before picking which style looked best.

the finished, framed design for the bar menu

Once I had a design I liked, I used a glue stick to attach the 3 pieces of card stock together to form the finished, matted menu. I used a paper cutter to trim the mats down to size. I then found a cheap frame on clearance, and framed it like a picture. That's it!

the instructions for the guest book

For our guest book, we had a unique guest book tree that required a little instruction. I used the same steps I did for the bar menu to create instructions to display next to the guest book. 

These were both a quick, easy DIY project to add a little extra to our wedding!

*I apologize about the images, they're just pictures I had taken while making them last summer. All of our wedding decor is back in California in storage, so I couldn't take better pictures!*

No comments:

Post a Comment