Thursday, April 24, 2014

finish this v10

This is part of a weekly series I got from Ruthie Hart titled, finish this.

1. I don't get enough... friend time. All my friends are back in California and I've only met a couple people here on Guam. I miss hanging out with my girl friends and enjoying a glass of wine and just talking about whatever.

classy wine night wednesdays

2. My favorite indulgence is... gourmet cupcakes or mini desserts. I love getting a bunch of super decadent desserts and then eating a little bit of each one. I can't do it very often, but I love it!

3. I made a major change in my life when... I joined the military. I was stuck working a minimum wage job, trying to get through school and one day I just made up my mind and did it. It was definitely something I never planned on doing but it changed my life so drastically. There are a lot of opportunities I never would have had if I had never joined. It also led me to meet my awesome husband!

me enlisting over 10 years ago...

4. You should read... Death's Acre by Dr. Bill Bass & Jon Jefferson. It may not be for everyone, but it's one of the books I've read in the past decade or so that I really enjoyed. It talks about the cases of forensic anthropologist, Dr. Bill Bass, and his research project, The Body Farm. It's the book that led me to several classes I took at UC Davis. 

5. My secret ingredient is... fresh ingredients. I love to use fresh herbs in pasta dishes, fresh grated ginger in asian dishes and fresh shallots in anything savory. I think adding a little bit of freshness to compliment the dish goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment