Tuesday, April 8, 2014

homemade turtle brownies

so much yum

Ooey gooey chocolately caramel-y and pecan-y. Is pecan-y a word? Oh well, it is now! I recently decided to make some brownies from scratch for George to bring to work. The only cookbook I brought to Guam was the Better Homes and Gardens Bridal Edition Cookbook. A dear friend of mine back home gave it to me for a bridal shower gift. With the days of Pinterest, I could have found several hundred different variations of a brownie recipe, but I chose to go with my tried and true BHG cookbook. 

homemade from scratch

I wanted to make two different kinds of brownies; plain and turtle. For the turtle brownies, I added chopped up caramel bits and chopped pecans on top of the batter before cooking. Once they were cooked, I added more chopped pecans and then drizzled melted caramel on top. Here's the basic recipe for the brownies

headed for the oven

What resulted was an amazingly simple, rich, delicious brownie. I love that when George brought them to work he could say they're "homemade from scratch" and really mean it! The two batches of brownies disappeared in less than 20 minutes! The ingredients were simple, the steps were easy and the brownies themselves turned out incredibly good. I will never go back to making brownies from a mix ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment