Thursday, May 29, 2014

finish this v14

This is part of a weekly series I got from Ruthie Hart titled, finish this.

1. My favorite recipe is... either this recipe for tropical quinoa wraps or my dad's pineapple salsa (which I will be sharing with you all very soon).

pineapple salsa

2. I believe in... second chances. I was married before and didn't think I would ever experience a relationship like some of my friends had. I thought that maybe it just wasn't in the stars for me. Luckily, I was able to get out of that marriage and get my second chance. 

my second chance

3. I need to set boundaries... with my food. I LOVE food and that isn't always so great for my girlish figure. So I need to set boundaries like not eating 10 cupcakes after dinner. Just yesterday I limited it to only 2 cupcakes!

4. I began living when... at age 26 I was suddenly single after 9 years, dealing with a divorce and responsible for a brand new mortgage on a huge 2400 square foot home. I know it may sound odd to say I began living when it seemed like the life I had built came crashing down around me, but I did. I was finally able to focus on me and not live in the vicious cycle that was my past marriage. Without going into too much detail, that relationship had turned me into someone I did not recognize, someone who just got through each day. Once I was out of it, I began to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment