Wednesday, May 7, 2014

wedding wednesdays-the small details

I've written about a lot of the major aspects of our wedding, as well as some of the DIY projects. Now I'd like to share a few of the small details from our day that aren't big enough to have their own post.

our gift table

For our gifts, we didn't have a large registry so we expected to get mostly cards from our guests. Instead of spending $30 or more on a pillowy box found at any online wedding store, we decided to use a bird cage spruced up a little with some ribbon. We found this one on clearance at Michael's and I used some card stock left over from my DIY signs project, some left over ribbon from my DIY flower girl baskets and little fabric flowers that I had removed from my wedding dress to add some special detail to it. 

the perfect match

People rarely take home to little keepsake/gifts that couples give out at their weddings. We still wanted to do something simple that had our names and wedding date on it. We chose to order little matchbooks that had our names, our wedding date and a little flame logo that says the perfect match. We ordered these when they went on sale and had free shipping and I believe we got about 200 matchbooks for less than $20.

mrs. engleheart

We did not do assigned seating for our guests. Mostly because we didn't want to deal with the stress of having to plan one more thing. (Also, we had a lot of people who were "maybes" and we didn't find out they weren't coming until the night of when they didn't show up.) We did want to do assigned seating for the head table though. Using the same materials I used to make the DIY signs, I made little name plates for our bridal party.

cheers!

We had some issues with our first set of toasting flutes so the ones we ended up with were very last minute. Toasting flutes can be extremely expensive just because they're wedding related. We found these teal champagne flutes at Pier 1, on clearance and had the etched at the hobby shop on base. I think we maybe spent $20 on them, total. They are etched with Mr./Mrs. Engleheart and our wedding date. We got so many compliments on them and we loved the way they turned out.

the infamous coin

This last detail is one of my favorites. Before George and I started dating, I was unsure if I wanted to continue a relationship or if I wanted to see what would happen with George. My best friend, Casey, told me to flip a coin. So I did. And it landed on tails (date George) and the rest is history. I held on to the penny and taped it to the bottom of my wedding shoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment