Wednesday, May 28, 2014

wedding wednesdays-the bridal shower

relaxing by the pool

I wanted my bridal shower to be low key and more of a get together of friends rather than a big deal with gifts and over the top decor, food, etc. My sister planned it and we held the shower at my mom's house. I had requested no gifts so that no one felt like they had to bring me something in order to attend. 

the invites

We had a mimosa bar with lots of types of champagne, juices and fresh fruit. I had a few games planned out but not many of the usual ones because those bridal shower games tend to get old. One game we had was a memory game. Each guest wrote down a memory that they shared with the bride (me) but didn't write their name. I then read each memory out loud and all the guests had to guess who wrote the memory. The guest with the most correct won a little prize. It was a low maintenance game that led us to lots of laughs. 

mimosa bar

opening gifts

The afternoon was mostly us girls relaxing and sharing stories and enjoying some snacks and mimosas. My step-daughter Kiera was able to come as well so the afternoon ended in a little swimming pool session. My sister made favors for the guests as well. They were a little bag with soap and a candle and were labeled with "From Corinne's Shower To Yours." The party was just what I wanted and my sister did a great job with everything!

the favors

enjoying the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment