Friday, May 16, 2014

lettuce wraps

a little siracha to add some heat

Back in California George and I ate at P.F. Chang's and ordered their lettuce wraps as an appetizer. We both loved them and I started searching for recipes to make them at home. We tried a few and then one day at the store, I found a sauce packet by Lee Kum Kee for lettuce wraps. We tried it and they were so delicious! Of course, it's kind of cheating by just buying a pre made sauce packet, but they were so yummy so I didn't care. 

Fast forward to us living in Guam. The sauce packets are no where to be found. How can that be? The stores here have tons of oriental and island style food selections but this one particular sauce is not available out here. So when my parents came to visit in March, they asked if we wanted them to bring anything from the states. Guess what I asked for? This sauce packet! 

We made them the other night and they were just as good as we remembered! We even found really fresh and tasty butter lettuce that's locally grown by Grow Guam

so tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment