Monday, May 12, 2014

mother's day weekend

We had quite an eventful weekend considering George had so much school to catch up on. We started off Friday night by checking out a dive bar down the street for happy hour. It was such a relaxing place, just our style. It is kind of a dive bar, but it's right on the beach and it's low key. We stayed there for a while and then went next door to Meskla on the Cove for dinner.

view from our table at the bar, that's George and his friend going for a romantic walk

As we were walking up to our condo after dinner, I noticed there were water lilies growing in one of the little koi ponds. I don't think I've ever seen one in real life! I hadn't noticed them before because they close up during the day.

water lilies!

On Saturday, George spent all day working on school so I just hung around the house and did some photo editing. That night though we met up with friends for dinner at Al Dente at the Hyatt. We had a really good dinner and some tasty bottles of wine. 

my step-mother's day surprise

Sunday morning I woke up to flowers, cupcakes and champagne sitting on the kitchen table. I was so confused as to why George had done this for me. It took a minute, but I realized it was Mother's Day and it was my first one since we've been married and I was officially a step-mother. I totally didn't expect anything, but George wanted to do something for me. It was perfect, cupcakes and champagne, my favorite! He got me my two favorite flavors of cupcake from Infusion, the Pumpkin Cheesecake and Haupia. Yummy! The rest of the day was spent around the house since George had to finish all his finals for school. Hope everyone out there had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment