Friday, January 24, 2014

thirty?!

It's here. My birthday weekend. And I'm turning thirty. While some days my body feels 30, I mentally don't feel 30. Didn't I just celebrate my 21st?! Anyways, the weather has been really rainy all week and the forecast for the weekend remains rainy. I woke up this morning and it was blue skies, yay! Then we drove out to base and I realized the blue skies were just a little break...
storm up ahead

Guam's bipolar weather. Sunny and pouring!

While I would love to have a huge dirty thirty party with all my friends, it just isn't going to be possible. California friends: you still have time to book a flight and get here in time! Instead, George and I are staying in a hotel in downtown Tumon for the weekend. My friend Erica is going to come out and celebrate with me too. I went to a hostess party with her a couple weeks ago and bought myself a cute wristlet that fits everything I need to go out in it. I bought it from another girl I just met, Brittany. It may sound lame, but I'm excited to use it bar hopping this weekend!

little birthday present to myself

I also got a birthday card in the mail today from my parents. I sure do miss my mom's humor...

oh mom...

Looking forward to our little staycation. Hopefully I'll get a lot of fun pictures to share on Monday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!






1 comment: