Thursday, January 30, 2014

meh

I was watching an episode of Buying and Selling on HGTV today and they kept referring to the home as meh, which apparently is their professional term for blah. And I realized that's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Not sure if it's homesickness or boredom or just a general funk I'm in. Moving overseas is an adjustment in so many ways. The other night I stayed up until 4:30am to call back to California to handle some things. The time difference and the distance alone makes you feel rather helpless in a lot of ways.
 
I've been trying to exercise more not only to fill my time but to help pull me out of the meh feeling by the occasional endorphin high. I went to sunset Yoga at our condo tonight and my mood was apparent in the class. I felt so ungraceful, like my body couldn't balance. Luckily the instructor said she didn't notice! The Yoga does help in a meditative way. The breeze flows through the patio where the class is and you can smell the ocean too. I'm grateful to have this class offered right downstairs from our condo!
 
Last night I got an unexpected call from a dear friend. It feels so good to reconnect with friends back home even if I can't be there physically. I love her spirit and talking with made me feel better. I love hearing from friends or anyone else who've made the switch to housewife or who have moved far away with their husband. The fact that they experienced the same range of emotions as I am puts my mind at ease.
 
So now I'll sip my glass of vino while I cook dinner and look forward to the forecasted sunshine tomorrow!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment