Thursday, January 23, 2014

domesticated

I've been starting to feel better, I think I'm finally kicking this cold! And since I've been cooped up all week, I was starting to go stir crazy. So I decided to make a trip to the base and go grocery shopping. Wooooo hooooo! Ahhhh... the exciting life of a housewife. I was also feeling the itch to bake but since I don't have any of my kitchen gadgets here, I had to find a no-fuss recipe.
So off to Pinterest I went! I searched through my mountain of pins for a recipe. Doesn't it seem like everyone always pins millions of recipes and never actually makes any of them? Not this girl! I try to make most of the recipes I pin.
I eventually found this recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies on another blog. The recipe was simple and didn't require any of my kitchen gadgets that are en route on a boat somewhere between Japan and Guam. Of course, I still had to improvise. I have no mixing bowls so I had to use a large cookie container that we have. My friend Erica gave us a batch of cookies for Christmas in one of those plastic seasonal cookie boxes so luckily I kept that and use that as my mixing bowl. The cookies turned out great and George took most of them to work with him. The guys loved them and directed him to direct me to make more!

sticky batter in my fancy snowman plastic bowl

nom nom nom








No comments:

Post a Comment