Thursday, January 22, 2015

grocery staples

It's easy to get into a shopping rut when it comes to groceries. Back in California I had the main items that I bought every week and recipes I would make for dinners. Our tastes haven't changed but there's something about living on an island that changes the way we eat and cook. I still buy similar things that I did in California, but I have noticed some items that we go through a lot quicker than before. 

One of those is limes. I ALWAYS have limes and lemons in our fridge, I buy a few every week and I always go through them. They used to get old and moldy back in California, but now I use them well before they go bad. Another is rice. I buy jasmine rice by the 5 lb bag and go through one almost every month. Soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar too. I guess it's because I try to cook island-y type dinners and those almost always use those items. I swear every time I marinade some chicken, I use soy, citrus and vinegar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment