Tuesday, October 21, 2014

fall is here!


fall is here

The changing from summer to fall is one of my favorite season changes. I've always loved fall back on the mainland. During my recent visit home, I got to experience the very early stages of the shift to fall. Now that I'm back on the island, I'm also seeing the season change.

the orchids begin to bloom again

 It's funny that on an island with no true seasons, fall is all around us. The stores are starting to carry pumpkin spice everything, the coffee shops are advertising warm caramel and pumpkin spice coffee drinks and in true mainland fashion... the Christmas decor is already making its way into the stores. And in island fashion, the orchids are starting to bloom again! But there's also a subtle change in the climate. The winds are changing their direction, the air has that slightly (and I mean slightly) cooler feel to it and the air seems clearer. 

a fall day in Guam

Yesterday we came home from our mini stay-cation and the day had a distinct fall feeling to it. It's hard to explain, but it reminded me of those warm fall afternoons right before Halloween when the winds picked up, but there was still a warmness to the air. 

fall at casa de engleheart

Since I know we won't get the cooler temperatures as we move into "fall" here, I decided to decorate the house a little to make it feel like fall. I made a centerpiece using a fall leaf table runner, mini pumpkins, a candle and some indian corn. I also changed out all our Scentsy warmers to the smells of the season: Apple Press, Autumn Sunset and Pumpkin Roll. As all of you on the mainland slip into the crisp mornings of fall, I'll be here making our little condo smell and look like the season. With a pumpkin spice coffee of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment