Tuesday, November 11, 2014

veteran's day

I've served with some pretty amazing people during my career and I would love to list them all, but you know who you are. I want to wish a happy Veteran's Day to not only all those great people I've worked with, but to all veterans, past and present. 

This morning I went searching for a photo of myself in uniform for my Facebook profile picture. Most people I know that have served, will change their profile picture to one of them in uniform for the day. Unfortunately, the only one I could find at first had been "edited" to add some humor to our day years ago by my coworker. I saw it and laughed my ass off because it reminded me of all the random things we used to do. Sara and I were work besties and we had some pretty good times at work. Since we worked on base, we would always get Veteran's Day off work. We would spend the day down in Roseville shopping and eating at our favorite sushi restaurant. It was our annual tradition that ended once she moved away last year. Since I'm feeling nostalgic, here's a few pictures I dug up...

Sara and I working at our unit's Thanksgiving party

George worked it too! Isn't he cute in the kitchen??

We did actual work too, not just lots of cooking for work parties!

Sara and I working. This pic was featured in the Year in Pictures in Air Force Magazine!

Happy Veteran's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment