Thursday, November 6, 2014

busy bee and butter lettuce

I have been such a busy little bee lately. It's hard to imagine feeling so busy without having a job, but it happens. I feel like the past week or so has been go, go, go. I've been putting a lot of time into my photography and I think I've learned a lot. I have a new project that has been a few weeks in the making, which I hope to announce soon and just snapping away in general. I've also been helping out a friend who's wedding pictures did not turn out so well. Thankfully, with my mad skillz (kidding) I was able to try and salvage a few her guests had taken. 

 I've also spent lots of time on things that don't benefit me as much, like searching for butter lettuce. Tonight we had some friends over for dinner and I was planning on making lettuce wraps, but couldn't find butter lettuce. I went to 2 commissaries, 3 Payless stores and a Cost-U-Less. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Hell, one Payless literally had 70% of their produce section empty. I'm not talking "empty" as in a few items, I'm talking empty. As in the bins had been removed and there were just gapping holes where green onions, lettuce and peppers had once been. 

rest in peace, produce. rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment