Thursday, December 18, 2014

thai tofu wraps


Lately I've been trying to cook a lot of new recipes because George and I can get stuck in a dinner rut. I follow my sister on Pinterest and a lot of the recipes she pins show up in my news feed. My sister is vegan though, and we are not. However, a lot of her recipes look so good and I make them for dinner in hopes that George will not notice the lack of meat/cheese. I am not vegan or vegetarian, but I really love some of the vegan recipes my sister has made or shared. 


Last night I tried this recipe for Thai Peanut Tofu Salad Tacos. That's a mouthful for me so I just called them Thai tofu wraps. As I was prepping the tofu the night before I was really hoping George wouldn't notice I was cooking tofu. I guess it's a man thing to hate tofu. George was a good sport and tried it... and he loved them! He even had me add the recipe to our "tried and true, let's make it again" recipe list!


I made a few small changes to the recipe to fit our tastes. I used butter lettuce instead of cabbage as the serving vessel and I added a boonie pepper to the salad mix. We like spicy!






1 comment: