Tuesday, November 4, 2014

thai chicken pizza

Thai chicken pizza

A couple of years ago I tried a Thai pizza at Yard House. Whenever I eat something at a restaurant that's really good, I always try and recreate it at home. Sometimes it turns out, sometimes it doesn't. While searching for something to make for dinner, I came across a recipe for an asian style pizza and it reminded me of the Thai chicken pizza I had years ago. So I figured I would attempt it at home. I couldn't remember what was all on the pizza, so I looked up their menu online and headed to the grocery store! Here is my version of Thai chicken pizza.

Ingredients:

1 package of refrigerated pizza dough
Thai sweet chili sauce (I use Mae Ploy)
shredded mozzarella cheese
jalapeƱos, thinly sliced
red bell pepper, julienned
cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
green onions, sliced
shredded carrots (I buy them pre-shredded in the produce section)
cilantro, roughly chopped
peanuts, chopped

Instructions:

Pre-heat the oven to 400°. Roll out the pizza dough onto a baking sheet. Bake the plain dough for 5 minutes. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with the Thai sweet chili sauce, spreading it evenly and thinly.

 Top the sauce with the jalapeƱos, use as many as you like, the more you use, the spicier the pizza will be. Top with the cheese and all the other toppings except for the peanuts and cilantro. Use as much or as little of the toppings as you like. This recipe is not an exact science! 

Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes, just keep checking it and remove it when all the cheese is melted. Immediately top with cilantro and peanuts. Let cool slightly, then cut and enjoy!

Sometimes we'll drizzle sriracha or peanut sauce on top to change it up a bit. 

dip in a little sriricha to make it even spicier!



No comments:

Post a Comment